We have finally done it. This house had wallpaper in every room. It wasn't just one layer but several and some layers even had been painted over (which made it awful to remove.) The kids helped me get the last of it off over the holidays and Daniel and I finished patching and painting this week. It looks so much better that I have to show it off. Rachel and Elaine now are expert wallpaper removers but even Terrell, Sheldon and Daniel helped out too. The painted on stuff sometimes just took brute scraping so extra thanks go to them for their muscles. I never thought I would be a painter but it is amazing the skills you acquire in this life. We sure are happy with it and glad to show it off. :) The paint supplies are still there because I am not done painting. I start on around the kitchen window this week. But at least no more wallpaper to remove.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
No more Wallpaper
We have finally done it. This house had wallpaper in every room. It wasn't just one layer but several and some layers even had been painted over (which made it awful to remove.) The kids helped me get the last of it off over the holidays and Daniel and I finished patching and painting this week. It looks so much better that I have to show it off. Rachel and Elaine now are expert wallpaper removers but even Terrell, Sheldon and Daniel helped out too. The painted on stuff sometimes just took brute scraping so extra thanks go to them for their muscles. I never thought I would be a painter but it is amazing the skills you acquire in this life. We sure are happy with it and glad to show it off. :) The paint supplies are still there because I am not done painting. I start on around the kitchen window this week. But at least no more wallpaper to remove.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That looks awesome! Like new :)
I second Terrell's comment, it makes that room look so much cheerier (is that a word?) What a cute calendar that is hanging up :)
Looking good - you must have missed out on all the wall paper removing fun days at Grandma Wall's house:)
Post a Comment