Sunday, February 3, 2008

Disneyland Trip

Hi everyone! It's Rachel here, giving you an update of one of my best trips to Disneyland yet! (and believe me, there have been quite a few good ones!) Mom drove me and my friends Marchetta and Jackie there and turned around to make it to her class at home! We were there just a little bit after the park opened so it wasn't to crowded. We had some fun with the Mad Hatter and Cruella.When our computer decides to be nice again, I can upload my hilarious video of Hatter. As we walked by the castle there was hardly anyone around, so we had to take advantage of that great photo opportunity!We had fun hanging out with the princesses and going on rides after that. But that afternoon I got a special surprise! For those of you who didn't know, I am a huge Disneyland fan. I love reading about the history of the park, and the current going-ons. I truly never get tired of going. So while we were walking by Pirates of the Caribbean, we noticed some people walking around the Dream Suite. As they met up with a few other people I noticed that I recognized one of them! It was Tony Baxter, who is the Senior Vice President of Creative Development at Walt Disney Imagineering! He's the genious behind rides like Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones! He was gracious enough to take a picture with me. (after asking how I knew who he was :] ) All in all, it added up to a day I will never forget!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Cruella Devil looks so creepy, was she that weird looking in person?

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah but she is really funny!

The Lake Trouts said...

Rachel - your post made me homesick! I will never tire of Disneyland either. Every trip is another chance for a dream to come true.

Matt and Jayna said...

Wow, Rachel, it looks like you had a lot of fun at Disneyland! I bet Tony Baxter doesn't get many requests to have a picture taken with him...I bet you made his day! We're excited you guys started a blog and missed seeing you when we were at Grandma's. We'll see you this summer though!
-Jayna